About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

1968; [Civil/Colonial/Media Related] Tarzan Figures, S33 / 01733 / 01733-6 - HO/OO











The Airfix figures compared with the few contemporary or near contemporary figures of similar ilk. The upper shot shows soft plastic 'Jungle' figures from the later window-box mini play-sets from Marx's Miniature Masterpiece range. Bottom left has the playing piece from Waddington's board-game 'Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs', to the right are two generations (larger, painted, 1st and smaller, unpainted, 2nd generation) of Hong Kong copies of cavemen based on figures by....hummm...I used to know! MPC? Tim-Mee? I'll get back to you on this one! All much bigger, so Airfix were out on a limb here with the Tarzan subject matter.


Comparisons with Preiser's Circus animals - technically, a black big-cat in Africa would be a melanistic variant of the Leopard, not a tiger from Asia, but it gives you an idea!

Cheeta's been a  busy boy then! The wives have left him in charge of the nursery while they go hunting fruit and talking hair-dos! Also Preiser; these are the circus chimpanzee troop!




Links

No comments: