About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost Posts and Their Comments

Being both Aspergic and a natural archivist, I hate losing stuff for ever, and give far too much significance to all sorts of ephemeral crap, however due to the nature of this blog's construction, and on-going evolution there will from time-to-time be posts announcing things that get deleted after a while, if someone has commented on that post, it will be copied here, in context, for posterity...and completeness!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February

Still Uploading
Published on
15/02/2015

Another 30-odd images added this morning; 1st Type 8th Army & FFL, Arab/Bedouin post, WWI Americans, Union Infantry and ACW Artillery all got images, text to follow.

Hour later - 2nd Type Foreign Legion have 'gone live'...with minimal text!

Blogger Paul´s Bods said...
Hi.. FB have locked my account, why I don´t know but it could be because they reckon I´m pretending to be someone I´m not, they ask for ID confirmation in the form of a scan of a Drivers licence or such. Being paranoid /carefull, I assume it could also be a scam but even if it is Fb they can get stuffed and I´ll open a new account at some Point soon.
February 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM
Delete
Blogger Hugh Walter said...
It's not a scam...it's genuine

www.ghacks.net/2013/10/29/facebook-asking-locked-users-provide-government-id/

It seems to be happening to everybody....over time?

I sent them a legal treat and they quickly backed down and apologised for a 'Technical error'!

It's crooked!

H
February 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM
Delete
Blogger Hugh Walter said...
...legal threat...!
February 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM
Delete
Blogger Paul´s Bods said...
What sort of legal threat? Basically theyéd tell me to go jump?
February 15, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Delete
Blogger Hugh Walter said...
I eMailed this to two random Facebook executives who's eMails I found on Google....

1) I believe the information you are asking for is not to be given to you under UK data-protection legislation without good reason. As I hold a Facebook page under the name I was born with, the name I use to register most of my Internet accounts/memberships with; the fact that you're telling me my name is 'not allowed' is NOT (in my own opinion) a good enough reason for me to pass private information or images of private documents to you, without more assurances than the vague claim of subsequent destruction you make.

2) I believe this matter is either down to; A) the attempts myself and several others were making for the last few weeks to get the fascist National British Resistance sites of Mr. Joshua Bonehill shut down…something you were as reticent to do as you have proved with to be with Jihadist or animal torture sites like dog-fighting, or; B) an attempt to obtain - BY DECEPTION - information you can then use for commercial gain.

3) You already obtain commercial gain from me by the advertising you place in front of me, and on my timeline as viewed by others. There was no problem with my name when I registered or for the subsequent 13 months I have been using your service?

4) Therefore I have to assume there is no REAL problem with my account at all, but rather a manufactured one for either of the points in 2 - above. As you have floated yourselves on the market, your need for users (of your service) is greater than my need for Facebook, which I resisted for years, only joined to stop a few friends whinging and find to have some poor interfaces and a less than clear structure/format vis-à-vis settings. It is also cripplingly heavy on data-use for someone like me with a pay-as-you-go dongle.

5) Please either unblock my page ([Personal details removed]) OR send me an eMail detailing the specific problem you have with the name I use, which I was born with and which I also use on Blogger, Google+ and Amazon OR return all my images and original copy, and close my account, providing evidence of its having been closed.

6) If you chose the last option in 5) above, please accept fair warning that following the deletion of my page, by you, any and all subsequent notifications, requests or advertisements by you, your agents or nominated representatives, by electronic or traditional mail, text or in person toward or directly aimed at me will be considered further-harassment and invoiced by me to your London Office at £100 damages per action/incident, to be recovered - in the event you fail to pay the invoices by the due date/s - in the UK's County Court service via the fast-track, small claims facility.

7) I retain the right to republish this image, or a text version of the words upon it as and where I see fit.


...I was back-on FB first thing Monday...this always seems to happen over weekends?

H
February 15, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Delete
Blogger Paul´s Bods said...
Thanks :-D Looks good to me. I´m not using my real name though I can tweek the letter to fit purpose.
February 16, 2015 at 1:42 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Pictures
Published on
09/06/2013

Images have now been added to Union and Confederate Infantry and the US cavalry - all small scale, filing them on the Airfix dongle I found a few more images I haven't used yet so there may be a couple more added to the US cav. and union troop's posts later this evening.

New shots and some text were added to HO set listings for the Cowboys, Indians, High Chaparral and Foreign Legion (Ist Type) last night.

Hopefully I will get on top of the text this week, and finish laying out the other posts so I can start loading more 1:32/54mm content - Kostas has sent nice pictures of Solpa and other HK copies of the large scales from his collection which I'm looking forward to loading.

2 Comments

Blogger Matt said...
Your catalogue is a fantastic tool - even some the "knock offs" look good!
September 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Delete
Blogger Maverick Collecting said...
Thanks Matt, I don't post as much as I aught to, but it will build slowly!

Hugh
September 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Delete
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody Blogger
Published on

28/01/2013 03:24

I've added some more content to the Sheriff of Nottingham post, and got the Guards Band up and running, yet despite first being loaded in 2010 it has come to the top of the page (immediately below this post) like that errant post on the other blog last week. I'm fed up as I intended this to be in chronological order and spent two days pre-loading posts 3-to-5 minutes apart so that I would be able to work on them over time.

As there is nothing I can do and nothing Blogger (sorry; Google) want to do about it, I'll just have to look at a solution at some point in the future.

2 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...
Blogger has been playing up again recently..it won´t load up properly, sometimes doesn´t allow me to post...bloody blogger!! :-d
Still..it´s free :-D
Cheers
paul
Maverick Collecting said...
That is it's only saving grace!

The sadness is that it was designed to be for little peeps to rant, to diary, to post piccies on the 'kitchen wall' where their friends and family could stop by and have a look, but geeks have turned it into an code-heavy over-interactive (in mu opinion)'engine' for commercial widget salesmen, , professional artists, lawyers looking for work....Adsence and the like...

The good news is that if you copy from the HTML version of the page you can paste into a new post and carry the pictures as the coding contains the location, so once I've got at least one piece of content in each post, I will redo the whole blog, but it might be a year or two!

The alternative is to leave an introductory on the front page, limit everything to one post per page and expect visitors to use the tag list...but human nature dictates some are going to use the next post button...for them I want the posts in chronological order of issue...this is driven by my Asperger's as much as anything else...I want it neat!!

Hugh
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civilians Added
Published on
22/09/2011 15:31

Station Accessories have gone live after a bit of a hiccup yesterday...I'm beginning to hate blogger, I don't know what they did to it in the summer but....anyway click on 01742 to find it below where it should be!

1 comment:

Paul´s Bods said...
I looked when you posted it...it came up with blog non existant!!! They keep mucking about..why? Probably on the basis of "why not?" but I´m of the opinion, if it ain´t broke..don´t mend it.
Cheers
paul
PS.I´m equally bad at reading my mailbox.I just saw your mail...I´ll answer tomorrow.. :-D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction - Explanation
Last edited on
17/05/2013
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: