About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

1966 World War One French Infantry, S28 / 1728 / 01728 / 01728-4 / A01728 / 7003 - HO/OO

Colour and pose variations and a Stadden comparison shot

Full set and some paint




Bit of gloss-red 'enhancing' this one!


Montaplex



Hat - both box types + Whole sprue and colour variant.

The larger figure is known to come in a Ri-Toys bag, so probably the source for all the above?

 Colour variants.


 
 

2 comments:

stuart said...

Interesting! The original box lists '2 soldiers surrendering'...... the only close candidates for that pose are the two men apperently carrying sacks of supplies (to quote PSR)

Maverick Collecting said...

Sorry Stuart, I'm not getting eMial updates for these comments for some reason!

Yes, it's oft been wondered at, and they are the obvious choice, but it could just be a copywriter getting confused as by the time this set came out there were one or two sets with a pair of surrenderers!

Hugh